Explore Programme Targets Manufacturing Sector27 June 2018
Supporting Digital Skills Employee Development
A new pilot initiative to help increase employee participation in lifelong learning has been launched by Minister for Skills John Halligan T.D. In summary the primary objectives of the Explore programme are as follows
- Improve digital skills of employees in manufacturing industries.
- Explore opportunities for skills assessment and enhancement.
- Explore improved individual health & wellbeing in the workplace.
- Increase uptake in life long learning (night courses, online etc)
The six week programme will be managed by the Regional Skills Network of managers in association with local Education & Training Boards (ETB's). A broad outline of the programme for those employers who wish to participate includes,
- Six week initiative part time (mix of onsite & offsite engagement).
- Voluntary participation – aim to get 2- 4 employees per company.
- External facilitator to work with participants.
- Tuition on digital skills – digital tablet provided & retained by participant – use to research a project.
- Exploring individual skillset and developing a personal development plan.
- Module on health & wellbeing
- External site visit(s) relevant to employment
Further information is available by contacting the Mid-West Regional Skills Manager, Joe Leddin.