EXPLORE INITATIVE SUPPORTS LIFE LONG LEANRING AND DIGITAL SKILLS IN DUBLIN29 November 2018
EXPLORE INITATIVE SUPPORTS LIFE LONG LEANRING AND DIGITAL SKILLS IN DUBLIN
Dublin Regional Skills in collaboration with CDETB (Colaiste Dhulaigh College of Further Education) offered the opportunity for local manufacturing companies to engage with this free "Explore" initiative and allow your employees upskill for life long learning.
This pilot initiative to help increase employee participation in life longlearning has seen a total of 19 employees from 8 companies successfully complete the six week programme. The primary objectives of the Explore programme are as follows
- Improve digital skills of employees in manufacturing industries.
- Explore opportunities for skills assessment and enhancement.
- Explore improved individual health & wellbeing in the workplace.
- Increase uptake in life long learning (night courses, online etc)
A broad outline of the programme for those employers who participated included,
- Six week initiative part time (mix of onsite & offsite engagement).
- Voluntary participation – aim to get 2- 4 employees per company
- External facilitator to work with participants.
- Tuition on digital skills – laptop provided & retained by participant – use to research a project.
- Exploring individual skillset and developing a personal development plan.
- Module on health & wellbeing
- External site visit(s) relevant to employment
We are delighted that manufacturing companies and their employees in this initiative completed the programme with all being presented their certificates on completion from :
A1 Shutters & Doors
For companies intrested in participating in 2019 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org