Explore Digital Upskilling27 June 2018
Supporting Digital Skills Employee Development
A new pilot initiative to help increase employee participation in life longlearning has seen a total of 55 employees from 18 companies successfully complete the six week programme. The primary objectives of the Explore programme are as follows
- Improve digital skills of employees in manufacturing industries.
- Explore opportunities for skills assessment and enhancement.
- Explore improved individual health & wellbeing in the workplace.
- Increase uptake in life long learning (night courses, online etc)
The six week programme is managed by the Regional Skills Network of managers in association with local Education & Training Boards (ETB's). A broad outline of the programme for those employers who wish to participate includes,
- Six week initiative part time (mix of onsite & offsite engagement).
- Voluntary participation – aim to get 2- 4 employees per company.
- External facilitator to work with participants.
- Tuition on digital skills – digital tablet provided & retained by participant – use to research a project.
- Exploring individual skillset and developing a personal development plan.
- Module on health & wellbeing
- External site visit(s) relevant to employment
To acknowledge those participants and employers who took part the regional skills forum hosted a celebratory event to coincide with European Skills week with Minister Patrick O'Donovan T.D. congratulating all involved and re affirming the importance of continuous upskilling as technologies continue to change.
Further information on the 2019 Explore schedule is available by contacting the Mid-West Regional Skills Manager, Joe Leddin.