Frequently Asked Questions
WHERE is the NERSF located?
The NERSF covers counties Monaghan, Cavan and Louth in the North East of Ireland.
WHEN was the forum set up?
The NERSF started in 2015 and skills development and enhancement initiatives will be rolled out in the North East region over the coming years.
WHAT are the Qualification Levels in Ireland?
Education qualfications in Ireland have 10 levels (these 10 levels are called the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). Major awards are the main class of award made at a level in the NFQ. Examples of major awards include the Leaving Certificate, Honours Bachelor Degree etc.
The major awards in the NFQ are as follows:
• Level 1 Certificate (NFQ Level 1)
• Level 2 Certificate (NFQ Level 2)
• Level 3 Certificate/Junior Certificate (NFQ Level 3)
• Level 4 Certificate/Leaving Certificate (NFQ Level 4)
• Level 5 Certificate/Leaving Certificate (NFQ Level 5)
• Advanced Certificate/Higher Certificate (NFQ Level 6)
• Ordinary Bachelor degree (NFQ Level 7)
• Honours Bachelor degree/Higher diploma (NFQ Level 8)
• Masters degree/post graduate diploma (NFQ Level 9)
• Doctoral degree/Higher doctorate (NFQ Level 10)
An apprenticeship is a system of training for certain trades or professions and uses a combination of on-the-job training and accompanying study (classroom work and reading).
Work based training developed and delivered in conjunction with employers.
To teach workers additional skills.
To retrain workers in a new area.
Tell us your skills needs and we will work with you to address those needs. Some companies that we have assisted include Vesta Payments, Diageo, Combilift and Horseware.