€17.2m funding for Apprenticeships Announced8 July 2022
€17.2m Capital Funding for Apprenticeship in Further & Higher Education announced by Minsters Harris and Collins
Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, Simon Harris, and Minister of State for Skills and Further Education, Niall Collins, have today announced the roll-out of €17.2 million in capital funding to respond to the growing demand for apprenticeships.
This builds on the €20 million Apprenticeship Capital Fund investment in 2021 across both the further and higher education sectors.
The funding includes:
- the development of 2 large training hubs dedicated to electrical training for the next 3 years
- the expansion of electrical, plumbing and carpentry programmes across further and higher education
- the construction of electrical workshops at Kilkenny and Carlow ETB and the development of a training facility in Donegal
- a call for additional phase 2 capacity in craft programmes that include carpentry, plumbing and refrigeration
- the expansion of electrical apprenticeships in ATU Donegal and MTU Kerry
Full press release available here.