The Regional Skills Forum is a Department of Education & Skills initiative bringing employers and education and training providers together to collaboratively develop skills across the South-West region. We work with companies on a 1-1 & group basis to:
- support companies in identifying their key skills & upskilling needs through our 1 to 1 skills needs audit tool
- help companies access existing upskilling/training supports to address key in-house company needs
- advise companies of the full suite of government funding programmes to address skills/upskilling needs
- facilitate introductions to the relevant education/training contacts across UCC, MTU, Cork/Kerry ETBs & Skillnets for any required follow-on supports
- work with groups of peer companies & regional education/training providers to co-develop new skills/upskilling programmes addressing industry reported skills gaps
Our Work at a Glance:
Supported 250+ MNC & SMEs from multiple industry sectors across rural & urban areas in accessing skills development supports.
Established industry-led sectoral groups in manufacturing/engineering, pharma/biopharma, ICT, hospitality, construction and food & drinks who collaboratively identify and build solutions to industry sectoral gaps with our region’s education/training providers.
Developed & delivered 15+ new further & higher education part-time programmes to build the skills capabilities companies need.
Strengthened industry relevant learning by integrating industry insights workshops & webinars into our new skills programmes solutions, thanks to our industry partners.
Supported further and higher education in accessing funding for industry-relevant programmes across our region.
A sample of areas where we have developed new industry solutions included: Industry 4.0; CNC; Validation; Data Analytics; Process Safety; BIM; Digital Skills for Operators; Dev Ops; AI; Restaurant and Bar Skills, Supervisory Management, Leadership & many more.
Need Our Help? Get in touch today!
We work with all industry sectors and company types in Cork & Kerry. If you have a skills/upskillng need, we are here to help you.
Please click here