Our Manufacturing & Engineering Sectoral Work
Since its inaugural round-table meeting in December 2016, the South-West Manufacturing & Engineering Group has continued to expand in size, scale and impact.
Our Aim: Develop the Best Quality Manufacturing & Engineering Talent by Working Together
- Since its inaugural meeting, companies have successfully progressed vital actions with several outputs already delivered and further under way including:
- sectoral skills needs audits across manufacturing/engineering companies in the SW;
- course promotions campaigns aligned to top upskilling needs – click here to see 2019/2020 courses relevant to the sector.
- new programmes where gaps existed including a supervisory management with lean, CNC traineeships, Industry 4.0, BIM & Leadership Development;
- Augmentations to existing programmes including a targeted industry/education review of engineering degree programme modules.