Our Manufacturing & Engineering Sectoral Work
The South-West Regional Skills Manufacturing Engineering Group held its inaugural round-table meeting in December 2016 where 25+ companies from a cross-spectrum of manufacturing backgrounds agreed a regional skills priority action for their sector to collectively build the quantity and quality of manufacturing and engineering talent across the South-West of Ireland.
Our Aim: Develop the Best Quality Manufacturing & Engineering Talent across All Occupational Levels in the South West
Manufacturing and engineering MNCs and SMEs have been working together across the South-West in rolling out actions in support of its goal and invite all companies across the region to sign-up to, and support these vital initiatives:
- Since its inaugural meeting, companies have successfully progressed vital actions with several outputs already delivered and further under way including:
- sectoral skills needs audits across manufacturing/engineering companies in the SW;
- course promotions campaigns aligned to top upskilling needs – click here to see 2019/2020 courses relevant to the sector.
- new programmes where gaps existed including a supervisory management with lean, CNC traineeships, Industry 4.0, BIM & Leadership Development;
- Augmentations to existing programmes including a targeted industry/education review of engineering degree programme modules.