Our Manufacturing & Engineering Sectoral Work
Since its inaugural round-table meeting in December 2016, the South-West Manufacturing & Engineering Group has continued to expand in size, scale and impact.
2018 Action Group Chairs, P. Buckley, EPS; B. O'Gorman, Boston Scientific, D. Quaid, Styrker
2019 Action Group Chairs: C. Walsh, De Puy; R. O'Mahony, Janssen; B. O'Gorman, Boston Scientific, P. Buckley, EPS Group
2020 Round-Table Session in Action: Chairs update on progress to date & companies plan next step priorities
Our Aim: Develop the Best Quality Manufacturing & Engineering Talent by Working Together
- Since its inaugural meeting, companies have successfully progressed vital actions with several outputs already delivered and further under way including:
- sectoral skills needs audits across manufacturing/engineering companies in the SW;
- course promotions campaigns aligned to top upskilling needs – click here to see 2019/2020 courses relevant to the sector.
- new programmes where gaps existed including a supervisory management with lean, CNC traineeships, Industry 4.0, BIM, Validation & Leadership Development;
- Augmentations to existing programmes including a targeted industry/education review of engineering degree programme modules.