Clustering for Policy makers10 March 2021
Clustering for Policy makers
A 2 hour workshop on: ‘Clustering for Policy makers’ with Dr. James Wilson, Orkestra Basque Institute of Competitiveness.
Thursday, 11th March @ 10am.
Dr. James Wilson will share his expert cluster policy & smart specialisation regional experience.
The workshop programme will deliver:
- An understanding of clusters from the policy perspective.
- Economic context to support cluster policy.
- Different policy tools & techniques that can be deployed to support clusters policy makers.
- Ways in which well-functioning clusters can be used as a lever for other competitiveness policies including smart specialisation.
Event Registration & payment:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired number of tickets (€150 per attendee)
- They will email an invoice
- Upon payment or receipt of a PO, the event registration details will issue to you.
Speaker Bio: International policy and cluster expert James Wilson is a Director of Research at Orkestra-Basque Institute of Competitiveness and teaching faculty at Deusto Business School, Spain. His research is focused on policy-relevant analysis of territorial competitiveness, including smart specialisation, territorial strategy-making, governance, clusters and innovation policy. He has published widely in peer-reviewed journals and academic books, and is currently leading ‘mapping and analytical work’ within the European Cluster Collaboration platform. He is regularly invited as an expert speaker/advisor by institutions such as the European Commission, by national and regional governments, and James is a member of the Board of Directors of TCI Network. James Wilson on The Cluster Centre webinar in December 2020 can be viewed here: How the Basque region is preparing for resilience and recovery: