Launch of Manufacturing Excellence Steering Group10 May 2020
In May we launched the Regional Skills West Manufacturing Excellence Working Group. This group is industry-led, with representation from diverse manufacturing companies in the West, including Cambus Medical, Boston Scientific Ireland, Nadhura,Mbryonics, Vision Optical, Walsh Mechanical Engineering...
Education & training providers such as NUI Galway, GMIT, MSLETB, GRETB and Skillnets are also part of the working group.
- To collaborate in identifying and resolving skills gaps and issues and converting knowledge into best practices, for the manufacturing sector in the West Region (Galway, Mayo, Roscommon).
- Ensure all further and higher education courses related to manufacturing in the west Region are as industry relevant as possible while keeping the learner’s best interests at heart
- Provide timely industry input into new courses being developed by education and training providers for the West Region
- Co-develop new further and higher-level courses as needed for the West Region, in particular related to
- supporting the digital transformation of the manufacturing sector and its supply chain/ Industry 4.0 (for example, automation, robotics, AI, industrial IOT, lean)
- the transition to a low carbon economy
- increasing SME productivity
- Align with and feed into relevant Government strategies & initiatives such as Future Jobs 2040, Ireland’s Industry 4.0 Strategy 2020-2025 etc.
If you are interested in joining the working group, reach out to : email@example.com